CIO , Data
Many brands are facing the reality of messaging that was ill-timed or even insensitive. The COVID-19 pandemic has already had a tremendous impact on consumer behavior, and brands continue to face tough decisions on how to respond. All brands are affected, one way or another, and all marketers should take steps to ensure that their marketing strategy is in line with consumer needs during this crisis. In times as turbulent as these, it is important to act with safety as the number one priority and to keep lines of communication open.
With that in mind, Exponea has created the following checklist and resources for consideration in your marketing strategy over the next few weeks.
- Send an email reassuring your customers and let them know you and your business are concerned about them, also provide some real resources
- Review your emails that relate to shipping: change language like “free shipping, expedited shipping” to “thank you for your patience and your business, it might take some time to get to you”
- Check your automated templates, make sure they are written in a way that takes current circumstances into account (don’t send a “we hope you’re looking forward to your vacation” when it’s likely they’ve had to cancel)
- Pause some of your automations, particularly the ones that aren’t adding value to the current situation in your market
- Use frequency capping to limit emails to one per day in Exponea, your automations in a normal week could be seen as positive but during time of consumer concern it could have a negative view (unless you’re sending API triggered communications)
Reach thousands of C-Level
Executives every month.
Do you have content that you feel will
resonate with our audience? We'd love to
welcome you as a guest contributor!
Premium content to our readers
interested in all things business.
Millennium Membership offers Fortune 1000 C-Level executives, leading public sector/government officials, and thought leaders across a variety of disciplines unique and exclusive opportunities to meet their peers, understand industry developments, and receive introductions to new technology and service advancements to help grow their career and overall company value.About Millenium Alliance
Launched in 2017, Digital Diary was created to provide premium content to our members interested in executive education and business transformation. With C-Suite executive and top academic contributors, interviews with industry leaders, and digital transformation insights from technology experts, Digital Diary has all of the professional development tools you need to stay ahead of the curve.
We are dedicated to distributing meaningful opportunities for our reader to increase their personal knowledge, simplify business initiatives, and to have the right information to build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level.
In the midst of disruption across all industries, our members are given the tools they need to digitally transform their organizations.
Joining Mill All is an opportunity unlike any other to connect with the best professionals in your industry and be a part of a community to become the best leader you can be.
500 Companies Attend Each Year