Contributed by Cyolo
The cybersecurity landscape has shifted at a tectonic scale over the past few years. As we approach 2023, the world is finally settling into something resembling normalcy.
For the first time since 2019, your end-of-year audit can fully assess the vulnerabilities created by the triage-heavy pandemic years.
Between legacy applications, over-permissioned vendors, and remote workers, the results of this year’s audit may be rough. But take heart. This year, your audit is not your finish line — it will serve as your baseline for moving forward. It’s also the perfect opportunity to outline mid- and long-term objectives for your security program.
This is the year to right-size the technology and processes that kept your organization afloat, refocusing them into contributors to strategy, business agility, and innovation, rather than barriers to advancement.
A New Lens for a New Landscape
The way businesses operate today could hardly be more different than the way thy ran just three years ago.
- The digitization of business processes has increased your organization’s attack surface more than ever.
- People have become the new network perimeter. Identity-based access control will be key to shoring up your security posture, especially for remote workers and third-party vendors.
- Today’s rate of innovation and systems complexity has widened the gap of modernization between new and legacy tools, creating higher-stakes vulnerabilities.
- An intense regulatory environment is only growing more rigorous, making compliance harder to achieve and driving the need to accommodate existing and emerging standards.
- Cybersecurity insurers are increasing due diligence, requiring security basics like Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Single Sign-On (SSO). Companies that cannot comply face drastically higher premiums, if not outright denial of coverage.
Evaluating your security controls and posture the same way you did in 2019 won’t give you the clarity you need to make the most impactful decisions moving forward.
Cyolo’s unified platform securely connects local and mobile users to the tools and data they need, in the organizational network, cloud or IoT environments and even offline networks, regardless of where they are or what device they are using.
Cyolo provides users access to all the assets they need including, applications, resources, workstations, servers and files, without granting risky network access to information assets.
To learn more about Cyolo visit https://cyolo.io/
Reach thousands of C-Level
Executives every month.
Do you have content that you feel will
resonate with our audience? We'd love to
welcome you as a guest contributor!
Premium content to our readers
interested in all things business.
Millennium Membership offers Fortune 1000 C-Level executives, leading public sector/government officials, and thought leaders across a variety of disciplines unique and exclusive opportunities to meet their peers, understand industry developments, and receive introductions to new technology and service advancements to help grow their career and overall company value.About Millenium Alliance
Launched in 2017, Digital Diary was created to provide premium content to our members interested in executive education and business transformation. With C-Suite executive and top academic contributors, interviews with industry leaders, and digital transformation insights from technology experts, Digital Diary has all of the professional development tools you need to stay ahead of the curve.
We are dedicated to distributing meaningful opportunities for our reader to increase their personal knowledge, simplify business initiatives, and to have the right information to build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level.
In the midst of disruption across all industries, our members are given the tools they need to digitally transform their organizations.