#MillenniumLive , Data , Podcast
As originally published by WITHIN.
WITHIN is monitoring the effects of COVID-19 on ecommerce. Using data from a sampling of clients, we are tracking year-over-year trends in ecommerce revenue, ad spend, and conversion rate relative to the pre-COVID benchmark period.
For insight into how to best weather the storm, check out our new study, “Digital strategies to get your brand through Coronavirus.”
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- From its pre-COVID trend, fashion ecommerce revenue has fallen -61.68%, up a bit from yesterday’s -63%.
- Conversion rates are down by -34%, higher than yesterday’s -46%
- Revenue has fallen -63.13%
- Conversion rates continued to fall, now at -16.3%.
- Revenue saw a little bump, up to -31% compared to yesterday’s -37.87%
- Conversion rates fell to 0.40% from yesterday’s +25.4%.
- Revenue made a slight rebound from -46.43% to today’s -29%.
- Conversion rates are likewise slightly up at -26.5% compared to yesterday’s –32.63%.
SUBSCRIPTION & AT-HOME CONVENIENCE
- Revenue has risen by +204.3%.
- Conversion rates are up by +159.22%.
Monday, March 16, 2020
- From its pre-COVID trend, fashion ecommerce revenue has fallen -63%.
- Conversion rates are down by -34%, higher than yesterday’s -46%.
- Revenue has fallen -57.3%.
- Conversion rates are down by -7.44%.
- Revenue has fallen -37.87%.
- Conversion rates are up by +25.4%, likely because they’ve pulled back ad spend which has decreased traffic. Repeat buyers and lack of new site traffic make the CvR appear higher.
- Revenue has fallen -46.43% from its pre-COVID trend.
- Conversion rates are down by –32.63%.
SUBSCRIPTION & AT-HOME CONVENIENCE
- Revenue has risen by +204.88%.
- Conversion rates are up by an amazing +119.36%.
Friday, March 13, 2020
- The fashion category has been hit hard, with revenue -40.96% from where it was trending around this time in January (the baseline benchmark we’re using).
- Pure-play ecommerce growth has slowed from our last update from -14.57% on 03/10 to -35.30 from its growth trend.
- Omnichannel has declined to -41.42% from trending revenue growth.
- Subscription brands continue to grow at an incredible pace, at +127.19% from its baseline trending growth this time two months ago.
- Luxury goods continue to drop, now at -35.99%.
Go here for WITHIN’s latest updates on COVID-19’s impact on eCommerce.
Reach thousands of C-Level
Executives every month.
Do you have content that you feel will
resonate with our audience? We'd love to
welcome you as a guest contributor!
Premium content to our readers
interested in all things business.
Millennium Membership offers Fortune 1000 C-Level executives, leading public sector/government officials, and thought leaders across a variety of disciplines unique and exclusive opportunities to meet their peers, understand industry developments, and receive introductions to new technology and service advancements to help grow their career and overall company value.About Millenium Alliance
Launched in 2017, Digital Diary was created to provide premium content to our members interested in executive education and business transformation. With C-Suite executive and top academic contributors, interviews with industry leaders, and digital transformation insights from technology experts, Digital Diary has all of the professional development tools you need to stay ahead of the curve.
We are dedicated to distributing meaningful opportunities for our reader to increase their personal knowledge, simplify business initiatives, and to have the right information to build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level.
In the midst of disruption across all industries, our members are given the tools they need to digitally transform their organizations.
Joining Mill All is an opportunity unlike any other to connect with the best professionals in your industry and be a part of a community to become the best leader you can be.
500 Companies Attend Each Year