Jim has held a series of global CIO roles in multiple industry sectors. Some of the highlights in Jim’s career have been:
- Voted #7 in Most Influential Technology Executives in USA
- CIO Magazine 2012 award for innovation in IT
- CIO at General Motors, AOL Time Warner, Altria Group (Philip Morris, Kraft Foods, Miller Brewing), Merrill Lynch, and General Electric (UK)
- Chief IT Strategy Officer at BP & General Motors
- Global head of IT Consulting at CapGemini
- President of IT professional association (Society for Information Management)
- Chairman of World ITO/BPO Forum (2008-2015)
- Accenture award for innovation in IT
- Co-founder of social networking company
Jim’s passion for coaching is legendary. He helped launch in-house IT Academies at GM, GE and BP, and he is an adjunct professor & visiting lecturer at three Universities. His book “The CIO’s Secret Playbook” is scheduled to be published in 2015.
Jim is currently CEO of The Advisory Council International, a non-profit team of 25 former Fortune 100 global CIOs who advise VC/PE companies, Boards of Directors, C-suite clients, and major IT services companies. Jim is also CEO of a cyber security company, and on the Board of three other technology companies.